Monday, May 12, 2008

Unit 8 - Producing and Evaluating Critical Writing: Part 2

In this final unit, this unit is almost same with unit 8. The only differences between both units is while in Unit 7, we need to write our commentary in essay, in Unit 8 we only make our evaluation through the critical guidelines which is in a table form. There is only one article in this unit which is ‘Drugs or guns’ and the presenters for this last unit is Ili Izlin, Mardiana and Tun Amirah. They claimed that they did not understand what is the article all about as there are several words in the article which they were hardly find the meaning. They also agreed that this unit and Unit 7 are basically the same.

I also have the same opinion with them that this unit is hard to understand because of the reading. Fortunately, after had been explained more detail by the expert one Encik Humamuddin, i can get the idea of this unit which the students have a chance to write a critical review and have a chance to critique a fellow student’s writing on critical comment and at the same time have my own writing critiqued.

As we reach to the last unit in Critical Writing, what I can say is that I strongly agree that from all that we had learned, CRITICAL LITERACY suits with it. After being critically thinking at critical condition, I hope that my beloved and “otai” lecturer, Encik Humamuddin Abu Samah is satisfied with my critical piece of reflection on this blog. Thanks to you for having my mind critically thinking. Hehehe :p

No comments: